Visitor Services Coordinator
Craft Contemporary is seeking a full-time Visitor Services Coordinator to support students, members, and visitors at our lobby entrance desk. Under the supervision of the Director of Development and in close coordination with the Shop Manager, the Visitor Services Coordinator provides outstanding customer service to ensure that all guests’ museum experience is inclusive and welcoming. This position is responsible for greeting visitors, taking admission payments, promoting museum memberships, tracking attendance, generating financial sales reports, assisting with special events such as opening receptions, and managing the museum’s volunteer program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet visitors, sell admission, and provide wayfinding.
- Provide professional, courteous, and welcoming customer service to visitors, members, board members, volunteers, donors, and other community members.
- Accurately process admission fees, workshop registration fees, donations, and other payments; make bank deposits; enter payments to the museum into the POS system and maintain attendance statistics.
- Actively promote visitation, membership, and participation in programming to visitors.
- Ensure the admissions desk and other front-facing spaces are neat, orderly, and maintained.
- Provide membership-processing assistance using the Boomerang database (Craft Contemporary’s CRM software) to perform all necessary membership tasks, including updating donor profiles, processing payments, sending renewal reminders, and generating membership cards.
- Answer general inquiries via phone and email and provide general information to visitors about the museum, its exhibitions, and programs. Regularly update the voicemail message to provide accurate and timely information.
- Manage RSVPs for public programs and events.
- Support set-up and staffing of members' programs and other special events, including some evenings.
- Build strategic mailing lists based on visitor email lists.
- Manage the museum’s volunteer program: recruit and onboard volunteers, schedule and oversee work assignments, monitoring and reward volunteers for their service.
- Track, order, and fill the office and janitorial supply requests.
- Keep track of the museum-wide calendar and take meeting minutes at staff meetings.
- Assist the shop with merchandise sales, customer service, and coverage as requested by the Shop Manager.
- Support exhibit installations and regular care and maintenance of exhibits.
- Perform other duties or projects as assigned.
- Must be able to regularly and reliably work Wednesday – Sunday. Some evening hours are required, including the first Thursdays of every month and Saturday night opening events (3 annually), as well as the annual Gala.
- Outgoing and friendly with strong communication and interpersonal skills; eager to work as an ambassador for Craft Contemporary.
- Strong computer, point of sale (POS), and database skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks.
- Comfortable interacting with diverse ages and audiences.
- Comfortable and effective working in a small organization.
- Positive attitude and solution-oriented approach.
- Bi- or multi-lingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Spanish speaking preferred.
About Craft Contemporary:
Salary: $21/hour plus benefits package; this is a non-exempt position.
Please send resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Getty Marrow Undergraduate Internship
Dates to Be Determined: Between June 6 - August 25, 2023
Craft Contemporary is currently seeking an undergraduate student to participate in the Getty Marrow Undergraduate Internship for Summer 2023. The internship is anticipated to be hybrid in nature, with three to four days on-site work and one to two days remote work per week.
About the Getty Marrow Undergraduate Internship: Aiming to encourage greater diversity in the professions related to museums and the visual arts, the Getty Marrow Undergraduate Internship program supports substantive, full-time summer work opportunities for students from cultural backgrounds that have traditionally been underrepresented in the arts, including, but not limited to, individuals of African American, Asian, Latino/Hispanic, Native American, or Pacific Islander descent.
Applicants should have excellent research and writing skills as well as be comfortable working collaboratively with museum staff in a variety of positions.
Eligibility for the internship will be limited to currently enrolled full-time undergraduates who reside or attend a college in Los Angeles County and will have completed at least one semester or two quarters of college by June 2023. Candidates are sought from all areas of undergraduate study and are not required to have demonstrated a previous commitment to the visual arts. Interns are paid $6,800 for ten consecutive weeks of full-time work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
The Curatorial Intern will assist with exhibition research and programmatic planning for upcoming exhibitions and will research and create archives for past exhibitions. Working under the supervision of the Exhibitions Manager, the Intern will participate in any studio visits and curatorial team meetings. Approximately 20% of the Intern’s time will be spent on curatorial research related to upcoming exhibitions, 40% will be related to archival research, 10% will be spent on learning the logistics of creating an exhibition, and 10% will involve participation in museum meetings and activities related to museum operations. Transferable skills will be the development and practice of written and verbal communication skills, the ability to organize and present information, simple database-related skills, teamwork, and honing research skills.
How to Apply:
Interested students should submit 1) a resume and 2) a letter of application that explains why the internship is of interest, describes relevant study and/or experience, and lists the names, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three references who may be contacted. These should be sent to Prima Jalichandra-Sakuntabhai, Exhibitions Manager at email@example.com.
Deadline: Monday, April 10, 2023, 5PM PST